A Spicy Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl
This recipe is more of a “dirty” or “lazy” keto recipe. With lots of cheese and spice to kick up your night!
- 1.5 lb frozen chicken thighs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 small block of Velveeta cheese (has a few carbs)
- 1 can hot Rotel – drained
- 1 small can red enchilada sauce
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- Sour cream
- Old El Paso creamy queso sauce **optional
- Place frozen chicken thighs, broth and water into pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook on high for 13 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Remove chicken, set aside 1/2 cup of the broth from the pot.
- Cook the bag of frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, shred the chicken.
- Turn pressure cooker to sear/Sautee and add the rice and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cubed Velveeta and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-7 minutes or until Velveeta is fully melted.
- Add the shredded chicken, Rotel and 1/2 cup of red enchilada sauce.
- Stir and heat through.
We topped ours with a dollop of sour cream and a drizzle of the El Paso queso sauce. A great addition would be some black or green olives and cilantro! Have your water handy because it has a kick!!!