A Keto friendly, low-carb Breakfast Casserole.
Start your morning off right with his One-pot-meal. A great recipe for the whole family, even non-low-carbers.
*We made this one with blistered onions which generally requires a hot skillet/pan, but you could easily make it a true one-pot-meal by making caramelized onions instead.
- 12 Eggs
- 2 blocks Cream Cheese
- 1 medium Onion
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar (we make our own)
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 slices Bacon
- Salt to taste
- pinch of Garlic Powder
*We made this in an all-in-one Ninja Foodi to be an easy one-pot-meal. But you can modify the recipe for the oven.
- Optional: Peel and cut onion into large pedals as picture below. Then heat a skillet, on high with no oil and add onion. Let onion start to scorch and blister turning each pedal over occasionally until each gets some charring on them.
- Alternative: You can slice onions into smaller pieces and cook on low and slow until caramelized in your all in one / slow cooker.
- Slice bacon into smaller pieces as picture. Cook in all-in-one set to sear/sauté until your prefer doneness (crispy/chewy). Drain grease when done.
- Cube the cream cheese into smaller manageable sizes.
- Combine bacon, onion and cream cheese in cooker. Turn on low to soften cream cheese. Mix regularly.
- Crack eggs into large bowl, add whipping cream, salt, garlic powder. Whip thoroughly.
- Add egg mixture and shredded cheddar to cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Air-fry or bake (depending on your cookers settings)at 375deg for 8 minutes. Stir, Cook and additional 10 mins at 375deg or until done and top starts to brown. Let cool.
You now have a cheesy, satisfying low-carb breakfast for the next few days. We like to place ours in several grab and go containers to make things simple.